South West IPAC Congratulates Gov. Yahaya Bello On Honoris Causa Awards
The Southwest chapter of the Inter Party Advisory Council (IPAC) has congratulated the Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello on his award as Professor (Honoris Causa) in Humanitarian Services, Human Resources Management and Peace Building at the prestigious Thomas A Becket University, London and fellow of Wesley Synod Canterbury, KENT, United Kingdom.
This was contained in a congratulatory message issued by the IPAC Southwest Chairman and Secretary, Comrade Gentleman Abayomi Arabambi and Prince Tolu Ajayi.
IPAC disclosed that the It became imperative for her to lend their voice to the press release by the Chief press Secretary to the Governor Mr Mohammed Onogwu as such an awards came at the right time when it's obvious that the Youngest and youthful phenomenon Governor Yahaya BELLO is setting a new world records that will soon be domicile in the guinness book of records for the gangantuan and unprecedented infrastructural feat so far achieved in the last 71 months of the Administration
According to the release "It is quite satisfying to note that to some of us who have at the onset reposed lots of confidence in His Excellency DR YAHAYA BELLO and his Government are here vindicated with the concernment of the awards
However one tries to review the excellent performances of the current Kogi State Government , it comes up so credibly and praise Worthy .
The series of very commendable and glorious projects and services among very many that precipitated the awards include the followings :
1. Construction of biggest rice mill in northern Nigeria which is of 50 tons per day at omi in Ejiba community yagab east local government area kogi syaye this rice mill has introduce the 'confluence rice' Making kogi one of the state that produce rice in Nigeria
2. Construction of 8.5km, Ogaminana egbogogo/total junction through eikaltakpe road, locate kogi central.
3. Construction of 12.8km, ebiyakpatesi ogiri road
4. Construction of 10.7km, agasa-ukpogoro road in kogi central senatorial district
5. Construction of 21km, obeira okebgwe/obangede road.
6. Rahabilitation of idah/ajake/umomi/ejule road, kogi East, kogi state.
7. Construction of oguma/Sheria road/ bridge at bassa local government area of kogi east
8.The Procurement of 15,000 metric tonnes of NPK fertilizers and sold at a subsidised rate to farmers across the State
9. The procurement of 140 units of brand new Massey Ferguson tractors with full complementary implements distributed to the 21 LGA of the State
10.The Lease of 4,560 hectares of land to farmers across the State
11.The Cultivation of 800 hectares of rice plantation in Omi
12.Human Capital Development: Training of 1,700 Kogi Youths for the APPEALS programme
13.Construction of hundreds of white and blue classroom blocks across the 21 LGAs in Kogi State completed with the supplies of 48,243 plastic chairs and tables
14.Free mobilyTrucks for the free Door to Door Healthcare initiatives
15.Construction of New Kogi State Government House Gate
16.Installation of 120 street light from Zenith bank to Zone 8 to light up Lokoja.
17.410 operational vehicles purchased 2016/17
18.Human capital development- 3,000 vigilante corps members recruited and trained
19. Infrastructure* - 260 motorcycles and 10 mini trucks procured for the operatives of the vigilante groups.
20. Technology - 10, 000 phones distributed to citizens for VIGISCOPE for reporting emergencies
21 Infrastructure- over N200 million in construction cost on the forward operation base for the Nigeria army
22.Mobilization- over N1.7bn to support 545 personnel from Nigeria army, Nigeria police and the department state security
23.Human capital development- 44 instructors recruited for training the kogi state vigilante services for 8weeks.
24. Youth employment- Recruitment and training of 441 police constabulary into the Nigerian police force
Finally , the truth is that , there is no way the darkness can be made to appear to look strong enough to overpower the light.
NAIVETY is not an asset in politics as IGNORANCE is not a defense in Law, thus the Vision of Governor DR YAHAYA BELLO for NIGERIA come 2023 needs no further narations.
In conclusion , it is a great joy to be in our own way very loudly supportive of the Kogi Government led by Dr Yahaya Bello and it is with a very great confidence we hereat categorically and emphatically say that this Government will be the Government that future Nigerian Government's performance will be considered and rated along.